Tuesday, September 28, 2010

i don't feel like dancing

At least not without music....

The class I went to on monday was completely without music. It made me not want to dance. I just wanted to go home and sleep. Not inspired. So you guessed it, my inspiration in dance often (or all the time) comes from and through the music.

So the rest of the week I'm going to ballett class instead. Kinda sad, cuz I really liked the teacher and exercises....but I died with no music for 1 1/2 hrs.

Music I like to dance to can be anything and everything. It's not always a given what triggers that string in me. Classical music sometimes. Rock. Pop. Jazz. Sometimes it's the lyrics in the song that gives me an idea. Sometimes it's the melody, or one instrument. Sometimes it's just the moode in the song.

What music inspires you?

No comments:

Post a Comment