Thursday, October 7, 2010

my voice

you're the voice




I find it very interesting that I still find myself scared of what others think of me. That I sometimes am so scared to fail that I don't dare to try.

I made a choice in ballett class on monday that I would not let fear drive me, so I went and stood in the front line for once. Not that that is such an unusual thing to do, but since I started training again after having my two kids I find that there is a barrier there. I get the feeling that I'm not gonna get the exercise so I dare not put myself in front. This line came to me "I'm not gonna live with fear" and I just went for it. Funny thing is, it went really well .I left the class feeling that I did the best ballett class I've done since I was in dance school.

I have no idea why I think it matters. So what If I don't do it right. It's so much better to try and fail than to not try at all. And you know what, I might actually do well. At least the secound time around.

I also started thinking about my voice. The fact that noone else can speak it. So if I go about life in "silence" that particular voice might never be heard. I know there are so many fantastic artist out there who make music, art, performances and choreography. Is there room for me?

I think there might be. Because my voice is in fact uniqe. There is something I can say in a way that only I will say it. Well it's a good thing. I have so many ideas, scrips, performances and choreographies in my head that it would be a waste not to put them to life.

How about your voice?

2 comments:

  1. I think your brave. I´m not sure if i would have done that! Everybody cares what people think of them! I know i do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It was scary the first time, but not as scary today:)

    ReplyDelete