Tuesday, September 14, 2010

these are a few of

My favourite coffee-flavour: Hazelnut. I started drinking hazelnut coffe when I lived in Columbus Ohio at 18. I used to get it at bruegers bagels, or at the cappuchino cafe. At the bagel shop I got a large mug for 1 dollar. I almost forgot about it completely untill I went to NY this summer and they had it everywhere! Simply LOVE it!!












Coffe needs to be frenched pressed as far as I'm concerned. I still remember the two first times I had it. The first time was with my dad at his friends house late one night when I probably should have been in bed already. I remember the smell, the flavour and the fellowship. The second time was with my ohio friend Julie at her house. Reading poetry on the floor in her room.

My french press isn't exactly new or very beautiful, but I absolutely love it!



City: New York! For me it's just a place packed with inspiration. There is so much dance there it's overwhelming. I'm sure my expectations were high going, but NY was much more than I tought it would be. A few higlights were shakespear in the park tickets , the lion king on broadway lion king and classes at steps dancestudio Steps. More than the actual things we did and went to see, was the atmosphere and the spirit of the city. I was taken by surprise by what it did to me. It made me less scared, more confident and a lot more giving. It's funny when you feel like that you also want to lift others up. So many times I had to go up to people in class and tell them how amazing I thought they were. And without exeption they were always really thankful for it.



Movies: I have two. Romeo + Juliet (1996) and Moulin Rouge (2001) and they are both, not suprisingly, directed by Baz Luhrman. So even though I really know wery little about directors, I'd say he is by far my favourite!

Romeo + Juliet came out when I was 18. I went to the theatre twice to see it. Both times I was just blown away by the beauty of it. What captured me the most I think was the language and the music. I was at the time studying shakespear in school so there was already a fasination there, and this movie brought it to a whole other level. The tone of speach almost sounds like singing and it stands as a brutal contrast to the imagery and the roughness of other parts of the film. It  is simply genious. The music underlines, defines, bring out the contrast and the emotions. "kissing you" and "when doves cry" are two of my favourites although it seems almost unfair to take these two out of a whole. I got this soundtrack as a gift when I was leaving Ohio (I had gone to school there for 1 year) and I still have it to this day, and still listen to it, and dance to it. I have done shows from two of the songs. "when doves cry" and "whatever" (I had a dream)  If you haven't seen this film...stop reading and do it now.





Moulin Rouge is fireworks. It's circus. It is LOVE at it's best and at it's worst. Somehow this movie resembles something I've felt. When I see it I feel that way. I can't even begin to explain it. It's kinda strange. There's no real likeness, only in the emotions.

The greatest gift you'll ever learn is just to love and to be loved in return! Nature boy





This list keeps getting longer, but I really have to go, so I will add to it later. See you when I see you!










No comments:

Post a Comment