Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 33 Alone

Alone
Music/lyrics: Tonje Skarpsno



Because of your grace that abounds to me
I could get up today
Knowing so well that without your help
I would be far away
I know that I’m guilty , I feel so ashamed
How could I hurt you all over again
When I promised so many times

I feel so alone

When I woke up today I was so afraid
That you would not be there
That my sin had driven you so far away
That you no longer cared
But before I woke up, you were already there
 Waiting for one simple word
Your forgiveness was mine even before I tried to make things right

But I feel so alone

Is it true that you’re always there for me
Nomatter where I am
Can it really be true that you’ve said you’ll never ever let go of my hand?
I’ll try to be better and stronger in this,
I don’t know how far I can go
If I hurt you again will you take your things and go?

But I am not alone
No I am not alone!


 
Here's the song as promised. This is one of my favourites actually. I changed it a little, and put in a chorous line and the last verse. It never seemed quite finished to me before, and now it does. How does it make you feel?

4 comments:

  1. Så vakre tekster du skriver, Tonje!!! Helt nydelige. Takk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, så flott skrevet!!

    sv; mange mange takk for kommentar! :D Håper kvelden din blir flott ^^

    ReplyDelete