Friday, October 1, 2010

guys & dolls




 As in the first musical I ever saw. I was 18 and living for one year in westerville OH. My boyfriend at the time was playing one of the lead characters in the show.The feeling I remember from that night was how I wanted to be ON that stage instead of waching it from the audience. Little did I know that I was going into that business only a few years later.

I kept the program in my scrapbook and still have it to this day.

This morning before I left for ballett mr E told me I looked like a doll. I guess I did today with my hair pulled up in a ballet top on the top of my head. I thought it aproprate when I saw the bathroom sign at the coffeshop right after class: dolls. I had to check out the mens sign and off course...guys. Lovin it!

Next time I saw guys & dolls as a theatre play was at the dance school I ended up going to. I saw a dress rehersal in a crowded studio getting flashbacks from the first time I saw it. Thinking that it was somehow the fulfilment of that dream.

Coffe shop talk and what it always comes down to. Who we are and who we're with. Why these guys make us feel the way we do and how they make us want to be dolls forever and ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment